This session will review the techniques for peripheral nerve stimulation in various areas of the body and the data supporting the use of peripheral nerve stimulation.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss novel applications of peripheral nerve stimulation.
- Review the technical aspects of peripheral nerve stimulation placement for various parts of the body.
- Describe the evidence supporting peripheral nerve stimulation as an analgesic therapy.
- Explain the role of peripheral nerve stimulation in acute and chronic pain.
Christopher Gilligan, MD MBA
Genicular Nerve Stimulation
Corey W. Hunter, MD
Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: The Transition from Acute to Chronic Pain
Marc A. Huntoon, MD
Occipital Nerve Stimulation
Jennifer A. Sweet, MD
Suprascapular Nerve Stimulation
Michael A. Fishman, MD MBA
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- Research in Neuromodulation: Trials and Tribulations
- Outcomes and Access to Neuromodulation for Women and Underrepresented Minorities: A Call to Action
- Engineering Principles of DBS and SCS in Clinical Practice: Emerging Concepts
- Open- vs. Closed-Loop Neurostimulation and Enabling Biomarkers
- American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) Session: Integrating Neuromodulation Into Multimodal Pain Care