The first year out in practice is a milestone year for the early career physician. This session will begin with a framework for accelerating the newly-minted attending's professional and reputational development and conclude with a practical real-world guide to opioid management in 2020.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the importance of cultivating meaningful and productive professional relationships that further your development.
- Demonstrate your skills and practice confidently, humbly, and gracefully to patients and peers.
- Explain how to enter the real world and manage opioids in the community and beyond, including patient selection, risk mitigation, and common pitfalls.
- Discuss the landscape of an academic career and strategies for advancement.
Marketing and Growing Your Practice
Corey W. Hunter, MD FIPP
Neuromodulation Clinical Workflow
Jason E. Pope, MD DABPM FIPP
Practical Pump Management (Inheriting Patients, Titrating New Patients, Measuring Outcomes)
Kiran V. Patel, MD
How Clinical Trials Influence My Practice
Ajay Antony, MD
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- Placing Leads Elsewhere: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Keeping Up With the Dynamic Field of Neuromodulation: Mentoring, Educational and Teaching Techniques of the Future
- Strategies to Personalize Invasive Neurostimulation Therapies
- Neurostimulation in Epilepsy: Thinking Outside the Box
- The Neurostimulation Appropriateness Consensus Committee (NACC) Guidelines: Update