The first year out in practice is a milestone year for the early career physician. This session will begin with a framework for accelerating the newly-minted attending's professional and reputational development and conclude with a practical real-world guide to opioid management in 2020.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the importance of cultivating meaningful and productive professional relationships that further your development.
- Demonstrate your skills and practice confidently, humbly, and gracefully to patients and peers.
- Explain how to enter the real world and manage opioids in the community and beyond, including patient selection, risk mitigation, and common pitfalls.
- Discuss the landscape of an academic career and strategies for advancement.
Marketing and Growing Your Practice
Corey W. Hunter, MD FIPP
Neuromodulation Clinical Workflow
Jason E. Pope, MD DABPM FIPP
Practical Pump Management (Inheriting Patients, Titrating New Patients, Measuring Outcomes)
Kiran V. Patel, MD
How Clinical Trials Influence My Practice
Ajay Antony, MD
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Pain Fellows
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows
- Professional Development Workshop
- Thematic Abstract Presentations