In this session, we explore the unique challenges faced by our smallest patients. We will discuss the perioperative process in pediatric patients. Lectures on pediatric neuromodulation for pain, epilepsy and dystonia will be featured.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify pediatric population challenges (technical & diagnostics).
- Discuss indications of pediatric pain neuromodulation.
- Explain nuances of pediatric DBS.
Challenges in Pediatric Population
Oguz Cataltepe, MD
Neuromodulation for Pediatric Epilepsy
George M. Ibrahim, MD PhD FRCSC
Neuromodulation for Pediatric Pain
Timothy R. Lubenow, MD
Neuromodulation for Pediatric Movement Disorders
John Honeycutt, MD
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- Research in Neuromodulation: Trials and Tribulations
- Outcomes and Access to Neuromodulation for Women and Underrepresented Minorities: A Call to Action
- Engineering Principles of DBS and SCS in Clinical Practice: Emerging Concepts
- Open- vs. Closed-Loop Neurostimulation and Enabling Biomarkers
- American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) Session: Integrating Neuromodulation Into Multimodal Pain Care