The use of neuromodulation for treatment of headache and facial pain disorders is an emerging field with new devices and therapies becoming more widely used to augment care. This session will explore the use of both non-invasive neuromodulation and implantable devices for treatment of craniofacial pain. As part of the session, the latest advances in neuromodulation treatments will be reviewed and attendees will be provided with a practical approach to implementation of neuromodulation in the treatment of craniofacial pain.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the different neuromodulation treatments available for facial pain and headache.
- Assess technical considerations in neuromodulation treatments.
- Appraise the evidence for neuromodulation in the treatment of craniofacial pain.
- Propose a treatment algorithm for when to incorporate neuromodulation in the treatment of facial pain and headache.
- Practice Management Course
- Accelerating Non-Pain Physician Awareness of the Role of Neuromodulation: A Discussion in Healthcare Delivery Science
- Partnering with our Patients to Optimize Outcomes
- Neuromodulation and Neurosurgical Mentorship and Educational Development
- Controversies in Targeted Drug Delivery