The dynamic circuitry of the brain is unquestionably complex. Current efforts at neuromodulation, like deep brain stimulation and focused ultrasound, target individual anatomical regions. But future therapies need more precision. To improve, new methods must be developed to improving neural circuit identification and improve the refined delivery of energy or small molecules to precise cell populations.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe noninvasive imaging modalities that may help us identify neural circuits
- Discuss the available multi-contact electrodes, and how their configuration allows for more precise stimulation
- Discuss the potential of chronic recordings to allow circuit identification in neurological disorders.
- Accelerating Non-Pain Physician Awareness of the Role of Neuromodulation: A Discussion in Healthcare Delivery Science
- Partnering with our Patients to Optimize Outcomes
- Neuromodulation and Neurosurgical Mentorship and Educational Development
- Controversies in Targeted Drug Delivery
- Plenary Session III: Late-Breaking Clinical Trials