8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Thursday, January 13
Morning session: Engineering principles related to DBS and SCS in clinical practice: Introduction to basic principles (CME)
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the biophysics of neural stimulation.
- Indicate how lead design and placement and waveform parameters affect the neural response to extracellular stimulation.
- Describe safety and regulatory issues related to electrode design and waveform parameters.
- Outline the engineering principles relevant to SCS and DBS.
- Explain the physiologic effects and corresponding mechanisms of action of standard and emerging forms of SCS and DBS.
- Neuromodulation Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery and Neurology Residents and Fellows
- NANS Advanced Therapies Workshop For Pain and Neuromodulation
- NANS i3: Ecosystem of Neuromodulation
- Intrathecal Therapy: Case-Based Learning and Hands-On Skill Training
- Advanced Practice Provider Course (PAs, NPs, Nurses)