Several aspects of a patient's chronic pain condition can make treatment with neuromodulation especially challenging, including the location of the pain, a patient's short- and long-term goals, and their underlying mental health. In this session, each of these issues will be discussed in more detail, leaving the provider with a more fully equipped toolkit to manage difficult patient cases with neuromodulation.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe how neuromodulation may benefit patients suffering from pelvic pain.
- Explain why and how to assess a patient’s mental health pre- and post-implant of neuromodulation devices.
- Discuss goal setting with patients as it pertains to neuromodulation, both during pre- and post-implant.
- Discuss indications for non-narcotic or narcotic medication trials vs. neuromodulation.
- Accelerating Non-Pain Physician Awareness of the Role of Neuromodulation: A Discussion in Healthcare Delivery Science
- Neuromodulation and Neurosurgical Mentorship and Educational Development
- Controversies in Targeted Drug Delivery
- Plenary Session III: Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Mechanisms: Results from Animal Studies
Teresita Devera, MSN, CRNP, ANP-BC
Chelsey Hoffmann, PA-C, MS, RD
Marilyn S. Jacobs, PhD, ABPP
Ryan S. D'Souza, MD
Kiran V. Patel, MD