Advance Practice Providers are heavily involved in the care of patients pre- and post-implant of neuromodulation devices. APPs need to be aware of best practices for trouble shooting issues or complications related to neuromodulation and remain up to date on the newest technology available for patient's suffering from conditions amenable to neuromodulation therapy.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain care options to prevent or manage implantable pulse generator pocket site pain.
- Describe steps to problem solve when uncertain if intrathecal drug delivery device is working for a patient.
- Discuss the decision-making process when managing scalp erosions with deep brain stimulators.
- List and explain key indications for spinal cord stimulator revision.
- Accelerating Non-Pain Physician Awareness of the Role of Neuromodulation: A Discussion in Healthcare Delivery Science
- Partnering with our Patients to Optimize Outcomes
- Neuromodulation and Neurosurgical Mentorship and Educational Development
- Controversies in Targeted Drug Delivery
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Mechanisms: Results from Animal Studies
Christy A. Gomez Hupe, DNP
Lauren Cimino, APRN-CNP
Teresita Devera, MSN, CRNP, ANP-BC
Chelsey Hoffmann, PA-C, MS, RD