On January 13, 2022 the North American Neuromodulation Society will be holding its very first workshop incorporating both neuromodulation therapies as well as minimally invasive spine procedures.
The hands-on lab will incorporate therapies such as spinal cord stimulation, dorsal root ganglion stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, deep brain stimulation, intrathecal drug delivery, minimally invasive lumbar decompression, interspinous spacers and fusions, sacroiliac joint fusion, kyphoplasty, and radiofrequency ablation.
Pain medicine and neurology physicians currently in practice, pain medicine fellows, neurosurgery and neurology residents, and engineers are invited to attend.
For those who have completed or are currently enrolled in an ACGME Pain Medicine fellowship or ACGME Neurosurgical residency, attendance and participation in the neuromodulatory portion of the January lab will count toward the NANS Certification in Neuromodulation.
This workshop provides a fundamental platform on the evidence based and appropriate use of advanced pain and neuromodulation therapies. The course combines a hands-on cadaver lab and scheduled didactics.
Historically the NANS cadaver lab has been the premier workshop for physicians to get hands-on experience with these therapies with a focus on a low attendee-to-faculty ratio as well as evidence-based lectures provided by key opinion leaders in the field. In addition, it is the only workshop that includes pain medicine, neurology, and neurosurgery, and engineers to create a platform for multidisciplinary networking opportunities and collaboration in the pain and neuromodulation space.
This workshop will take place January 13th, at the Nicholson Center in Orlando, Florida.
Attendees of the Workshop Will Be Provided:
- Two night's stay (room & tax) on Wednesday, January 12 and Thursday, January 13
- Round trip airfare (non-refundable coach)
- Transportation between the Nicholson Center and hotel
To be eligible to complete this survey, your specialty must be in the field of PAIN.
Workshop participants must be NANS members in good standing. NANS membership at the Student/Trainee/Resident rate is $50.
Application due Monday, November 1, 2021, at 1:00 pm CDT.
- Neuromodulation Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery and Neurology Residents and Fellows
- NANS i3: Ecosystem of Neuromodulation
- Intrathecal Therapy: Case-Based Learning and Hands-On Skill Training
- Engineering Principles of DBS and SCS in Clinical Practice: General Introduction and Emerging Concepts
- Advanced Practice Provider Course (PAs, NPs, Nurses)