This course will provide advanced practice providers (APPs) an overview of topics in neuromodulation through lectures, case studies, and panel discussions. The material will be presented by physician and APP faculty and will be relevant for anyone with an interest in neuromodulation or working in pain management, neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic, or physical medicine and rehabilitation practice.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) and the North American Neuromodulation Society. The CNS is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The CNS designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe basic neuromodulation interventions as related to pain and movement disorders, specifically spinal cord stimulation, targeted drug delivery, and deep brain stimulation.
- Identify patient populations who may benefit from established neuromodulation therapies and describe initial work-up with interventions.
- Recognize factors that may lead to complications and poor outcomes with neuromodulation therapies in individual patients.
- Discuss current research and developments in neuromodulation, modes of therapy, newly approved therapy options and treatment alternatives for the management of patients with pain and movement disorder.
- Identify strategies to manage patients on opioids.
Registration on or Before November 4, 2019:
Registration After November 4, 2019:
Teresita Devera, MSN CRNP ANP-BC
Neuro Imaging Review
Vishad V. Sukul, MD
Kiran V. Patel, MD
Nicole Busch, MSN APRN AGCNS-BC
SCS/DRG Therapy and Indications
Beth Parente, PA-C
Facial Pain: Diagnosis and Treatment with Neuromodulation
Lauren Cimino, APRN-CNP
Peripheral Nerve Stimulation and Indications
Christy A. Gomez, APN
Deep Brain Stimulation with Case Studies
Roy R. H. Hwang, MD
The Role of the APP
Ashwini D. Sharan, MD
APP Panel Discussion
Lauren Cimino, APRN-CNP; Roy R. H. Hwang, MD; Beth Parente, PA-C
Jennifer Kiser, PA
Intrathecal Pump Management with Case Studies
Jaclyn Pappas, MSN APRN FNP CDE
Value of Psychological Screening Prior to Device Implant
Robert L. Rider, PhD
Perioperative Management/Preventing Post-Operative Complications
Carol Blyzniuk, RN; Teresita Devera, MSN CRNP ANP-BC
Lauren Cimino, APRN-CNP
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Pain Fellows
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Caesars Palace
- Course Directors: