In this session, we explore the unique challenges faced by our smallest patients. We will discuss the perioperative process in pediatric patients. Lectures on pediatric neuromodulation for pain, epilepsy and dystonia will be featured.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify pediatric population challenges (technical & diagnostics).
- Discuss indications of pediatric pain neuromodulation.
- Explain nuances of pediatric DBS.
Challenges in Pediatric Population
Oguz Cataltepe, MD
Neuromodulation for Pediatric Epilepsy
George M. Ibrahim, MD PhD FRCSC
Neuromodulation for Pediatric Pain
Timothy R. Lubenow, MD
Neuromodulation for Pediatric Movement Disorders
John Honeycutt, MD
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Pain Fellows
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Advanced Practice Provider Course (PAs, NPs, Nurses): A to Z in Neuromodulation
- Engineering Principles of Spinal Cord Stimulation and Deep Brain Stimulation for Clinicians
- Controversies in Intrathecal Therapy