This course will provide advanced practice providers (APPs) an overview of topics in neuromodulation through lectures, case studies, and panel discussions. The material will be presented by physician and APP faculty and will be relevant for anyone with an interest in neuromodulation or working in a pain management, neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic, or physical medicine and rehabilitation practice.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) and the North American Neuromodulation Society. The CNS is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The CNS designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe basic neuromodulation interventions as related to pain and movement disorders, specifically spinal cord stimulation, targeted drug delivery, and deep brain stimulation.
- Identify patient populations who may benefit from established neuromodulation therapies and describe initial work-up with interventions.
- Recognize factors that may lead to complications and poor outcomes with neuromodulation therapies in individual patients.
- Discuss current research and developments in neuromodulation, modes of therapy, newly approved therapy options and treatment alternatives for the management of patients with pain and movement disorders.
- Identify strategies to manage patients on opioids.
Registration on or Before November 2, 2018:
Registration After November 2, 2018:
Neuro Imaging Review
Vishad V. Sukul, MD
Opioid Weaning/Tolerance/Post Op Opioid Management
Kiran V. Patel, MD
Value of Psychological Screening Prior to Device Implant (for DBS and SCS)
Meghan Wilock, PA
Spinal Cord Stimulation
Magdalena M. Anitescu, MD PhD
Spinal Cord Stimulation Cases: HF10 and Burst
Kimberly M. Bryant, MSN RN APN-BC; Teresita Devera, MSN CRNP ANP-BC
DRG Therapy and Indications
Christy A. Gomez, APN
Role of APP
Derron K. Wilson, MD
APP Panel Discussion
Casey Grillo, APRN; Kimberly M. Bryant, MSN, RN, APN-BC; Beth Parente, PA-C; Lauren Cimino, APN-CNP
SCS/DBS Patient Teaching, Overview NACC/Anticoagulation Guidelines
Ellie Hobson, RN, BSN; Carol Blyzniuk, RN
Roy Hwang, MD
Intrathecal Pump Management w/ Case Studies
Casey Grillo, APRN
SCS/DRG Complications/Decision Making
Jacqueline S. Weisbein, DO
Faculty subject to change.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Pain Fellows
- Caesars Palace
- Course Directors: