Including a range of neuropsychiatric indications such as pain and depression, this course spans the intersection of neuromodulation and digital healthcare, AR/VR, as well as a hands-on practical training on the use of noninvasive neuromodulation and AR/VR. Neuromodulation techniques covered will include Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS), Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS), and transcutaneous cranial and peripheral nerve stimulation. Lectures will address how these neuromodulation techniques can be combined with medical wearables, apps, and other home-based technologies to provide continuous and individualized treatment.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) and the North American Neuromodulation Society. The CNS is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The CNS designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the mechanisms and technology of tDCS and HD-tDCS, including common indications, and methods of application.
- Identify the mechanisms and technology of TMS, including common indications, and methods of application.
- Explain the mechanisms and technology of cranial and peripheral nerve stimulation, including common indications, and methods of application.
- Discuss uses of medical wearables and digital healthcare to support optimized and individualized neuromodulation.
- Identify application of AR/VR in Pain Diagnosis, Pain Management, and Neurorehabilitation.
Registration on or Before November 2, 2018:
Registration After November 2, 2018:
tDCS: Technical and Clinical Unmet Needs
Benjamin M. Hampstead, Ph.D, ABPP/CN
TMS: Technical and Clinical Unmet Needs
JA A. Camprodon, MD PhD
Updates on Non-Invasive Cranial and Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
Devin Adair, BA
Remote Supervised Non-Invasive Neuromodulation
Leigh E. Charvet, PhD
AR/VR for Pain Management
Mavi Sanchez-Vives, MD PhD
AR/VR for Pain Diagnosis and Neuromodulation Management
Alexandre F. DaSilva, DDS, DMedSc
Hands-On: Non-Invasive and Wearable Devices, AR/VR for Pain
Alexandre F. DaSilva, DDS, DMedSc; Marom Bikson, PhD; Leigh E. Charvet, PhD; JA A. Camprodon, MD,PhD
Big Data and Medical Technology
Daniel Z. Wetmore, PhD
Integrating Wearable Tech for Deep Brain Stimulation
Brian H. Kopell, MD
Integrating Digital Healthcare with Neuromodulation
Abhishek Datta, PhD
Wearable Peripheral Neuromodulation
Erika K. Ross, PhD
AR/VR in Neurorehabilitation and Pain
David Putrino, PT, PhD
Faculty subject to change.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Pain Fellows
- Caesars Palace
- Course Directors: