The field of epilepsy surgery is rapidly changing, given novel technologies for neurostimulation and image-guided ablation, as well as the increased use of minimally invasive monitoring strategies. This session will help put both new and old treatment options in context, together with example cases.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast traditional diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for epilepsy (e.g., subdural grids and resection) with emerging and minimally invasive alternatives (e.g., neurostimulation, laser, and SEEG).
- Advanced Practice Provider Course (PAs, NPs, Nurses): A to Z in Neuromodulation
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA) Session
- Brain-Based Pain Therapies
- Improving Outcomes with Deep Brain Stimulation for Movement Disorders
- Neuromodulation Primer-Advanced Practice Providers & Residents and Fellows