Spanning a range of neuropsychiatric indications, this workshop includes theoretical and hands-on practical training on the use of noninvasive neuromodulation. Techniques covered including Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS), and transcutaneous Spinal Direct Cord Stimulation (tsDCS). Lectures will address mechanisms of noninvasive brain stimulation techniques, common applications, and how noninvasive approach and invasive brain stimulation are complementary in the continuum of patient care and clinical research. The workshop also will cover emerging applications of wearables in medicine.
Provides a broad introduction to types of brain technology and emerging applications relevant to physicians at all levels, scientists, clinical trials regulatory specialists, and engineers.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the mechanisms and technology of tDCS, including common indications, and methods of application.
- Identify the mechanisms and technology of TMS, including common indications, and methods of application.
- Explain the mechanisms and technology of tsDCS, including common indications, and methods of application.
- Discuss uses of medical wearables.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows