This event provides a comprehensive presentation of the current billing and coding environment delivered by leading experts in the field of neuromodulation. The course will highlight the importance of clinical documentation and appropriate coding, while also discussing the impact of changes in federal programs on payment. Focusing on implantable therapies there will be discussions on emerging therapies, intrathecal pump management, and pump refills as well as other salient issues in neuromodulation. The role of advocacy at the state and federal level to preserve reimbursement also will be discussed.
Physicians, fellows and chief residents, practice managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, surgery schedulers, coders, billing office staff, and other office staff members. When physicians attend with their reimbursement team, this provides the highest return on investment because the entire team hears and takes the same message home to implement change.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the appropriate codes for neuromodulation therapies.
- Identify new and upcoming changes to the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) manual regarding neuromodulation.
- Describe the issues inherent to coverage policies and obtaining prior authorization for neuromodulation therapies.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows