This course will provide advanced practice providers (APPs) an overview of topics in neuromodulation through lectures, case studies, panel discussions, and a Jeopardy board review. The material will be presented by physician and APP faculty and will be relevant for anyone with an interest in neuromodulation or working in a pain management, neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic, or physical medicine and rehabilitation practice.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe basic neuromodulation interventions as related to pain and movement disorders, specifically spinal cord stimulation, targeted drug delivery, and deep brain stimulation.
- Identify patient populations who may benefit from established neuromodulation therapies and describe initial work-up with interventions.
- Recognize factors that may lead to complications and poor outcomes with neuromodulation therapies in individual patients.
- Discuss current research and developments in neuromodulation, modes of therapy, newly approved therapy options and treatment alternatives for the management of patients with pain and movement disorders.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows
- 8:30 am–4 pm
- Caesars Palace
- Course Directors: