Pain perception involves sensation, emotion, and cognition. This session will discuss how optimal patient care requires inclusion of pain psychology and psychopharmacology in interventional pain management treatment planning.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the psychology of pain.
- Support the utility of presurgical screening for implantable device medical decision making.
- Review psychological issues related to opioid analgesic and psychopharmacologic regimens.
- Recognize the range of psychotherapy approaches appropriate for patients with pain.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Advanced Practice Provider Course (PAs, NPs, Nurses): A to Z in Neuromodulation
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA) Session
- Brain-Based Pain Therapies
- Improving Outcomes with Deep Brain Stimulation for Movement Disorders