The opioid epidemic has prompted regulatory changes and new guidelines for the management of patients. In this session, we examine alternative strategies to opioids and advise on how to manage these challenging patients.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the literature on opioid reduction with neuromodulation.
- Describe risks and benefits of continued opioid management.
- Strategize management options for the dependent and addicted patient.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Advanced Practice Provider Course (PAs, NPs, Nurses): A to Z in Neuromodulation
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA) Session
- Brain-Based Pain Therapies
- Improving Outcomes with Deep Brain Stimulation for Movement Disorders