Intrathecal drug delivery is a well-established intervention for chronic pain and severe spasticity with more than 3 decades of clinic use. However, this therapy can present significant challenges to the clinicians who are responsible for management of these systems. The purpose of this course is to review the principles of intrathecal therapy management for the less experienced clinicians. Strategies to improve patient selection and evaluation, implantation, post-implantation management, troubleshooting, and therapy optimization will be discussed.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Determine appropriate candidates for intrathecal drug delivery.
- Discuss strategies to reduce infections and complications.
- Describe practice management options for streamlined delivery of this therapy.
- Certificate of Attendance: Advanced Neuraxial Neuromodulation
- Certificate of Attendance: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Hands-On Cadaver Course for Engineers
- Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- Neuromodulation for Advanced Implantable Therapies: A Hands-On Cadaver Course for Neurosurgery Residents and Fellows
- 8 am–4:30 pm
- Caesars Palace
- Course Directors: